You can plan the perfect picnic, but you can’t predict the weather. Similarly, you can plan the perfect financial future, but you can’t predict life.
Our advice? Don’t give up on your finances—just be flexible about the details.
The articles below offer tips and resources to help you get started—and keep your investments on track. From preparing for an expected event to adjusting to circumstances you didn’t see coming, it’s possible to stay in control of your finances.
It’s your investing life. Live it.
- Step 1—Understanding risk and return
- Step 2—Choosing the right asset mix
- Step 3—Saving for retirement
- Step 4—Opening a nonretirement account
- Step 5—Investing in a stock, bond, ETF, or mutual fund
- Step 6—Rebalancing
- Retiring earlier than you planned
- Planning for health care in retirement
- Spending your retirement savings
Major life events
- Becoming financially responsible
- Managing your money after divorce
- Dealing with a financial shock
- Managing an inheritance
- Helping parents prepare for the future