- Use unique user name and password combinations on different websites and keep them secure.
- Sign up for 2-step verification on sites that offer it—for an extra layer of security. At Vanguard you can sign up for security codes or security keys.
- Set up alerts to let you know when changes are made on your account. You can sign up for account activity alerts to help protect your Vanguard account.
- Make sure your contact details are up to date (email, phone number, address, etc.). You can review your Vanguard information and make changes anytime.
- Review your account at least monthly and report suspicious activity immediately.
- Request and review your credit reports from the 3 major credit bureaus—Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion—at least annually.
- Use discretion and don’t share too much personal information on social media. And take the time to understand the privacy settings on each social site you use.
- Be diligent. If something doesn’t seem right, take action.
Vanguard accepts no responsibility for content on third-party sites or for the services provided. Also, please be aware that when you use services provided by a third-party site, you’re subject to that site’s terms of service and privacy rules, which you should review carefully.