The Money list typically remains the same each year, with minor changes. In last year’s edition, 16 Vanguard funds made the list. A new addition to this year’s list was Vanguard Mid-Cap Value ETF (VOE).
|Firms and funds on the List|
|Firm||# of Funds on 2017 “Money 50” List|
|T. Rowe Price||5|
|Dodge & Cox||2|
|Cohen and Steers||1|
Below are the Vanguard funds that appear on this year’s list.
Building-block funds (9 of 14 listed)
Vanguard funds on the list:
- Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund (VGTSX)
- Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-U.S. Small-Cap Index Fund (VFSVX)
- Vanguard Emerging Markets Stock Index Fund (VEIEX)
- Vanguard REIT Index Fund (VGSIX)
- Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund (VBMFX)
- Vanguard Short-Term Bond Index Fund (VBISX)
- Vanguard Inflation-Protected Securities Fund (VIPSX)
- Vanguard Short-Term Inflation Protected Securities ETF (VTIP)
- Vanguard Total International Bond Index Fund (VTIBX)
- Vanguard Mid-Cap Value ETF (VOE)
- Vanguard Small-Cap Value ETF (VBR)
- Vanguard International Growth Fund (VWIGX)
- Vanguard Short-Term Investment Grade Fund (VFSTX)
- Vanguard Intermediate-Term Tax-Exempt Fund (VWITX)
- Vanguard Limited-Term Tax-Exempt Fund (VMLTX)
Money magazine is not affiliated with Vanguard or Vanguard funds. The article mentioned here is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy shares.
Mutual funds and ETFs, like all investments, are subject to risks, including the possible loss of the money you invest.
Vanguard ETF Shares are not redeemable with the issuing fund other than in creation unit aggregations. Instead, investors must buy or sell Vanguard ETF Shares in the secondary market with the assistance of a stockbroker. In doing so, the investor will incur brokerage commissions and may pay more than net asset value when buying and receive less than net asset value when selling.
For more information about Vanguard funds or Vanguard ETFs, visit vanguard.com or call 877-662-7447 to obtain a prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus. Investment objectives, risks, charges, expenses, and other important information are contained in the prospectus; read and consider it carefully before investing.
Vanguard Marketing Corporation, Distributor of the Vanguard Funds.